Description and Rules
Wormheads is a brand new so-called arcade game that can be played by children as well as grownups. The game features worms with different human and animal faces, with varying number and length and in a playing area ranging from 5×5 to 11×11 cells. Children tend to choose the animal faces, adults may prefer the faces of six well known political world leaders. The music adapts to the face chosen for YOUR work, and to the selected playing mode. The dots on your white worm change every 10 levels.
In playing mode Escape! your aim is to drag your WHITE worm’s head to the exit of the playing field within the available time. In playing mode Survive! surviving is your aim. You loose health when bitten by the other worms and gain (a small amount of) health when you bite them. You want to make the other worms disappear by biting them in the TAIL. You can drag all worms either by the head or by the tail. Make sure to make straight movements only. The dots help you focus. Playing tips are available on the TIPS page. The 40 levels are listed below.
The function of the four buttons above the playing field:
- Reshuffle: to reposition the worms before you start moving the worms in a level.
- Re-level (paid option): to restart a level and reposition the worms at any time. In the paid version this is also done automatically if you fail a level (rather than having a Game Over situation).
- Restart: to completely restart the game at level 1.
- Stop. In Windows this will end the application. In Android an application cannot be closed from within the app itself. Instead, the game will restart. The device’s home/start button will close the game screen. The Android app itself can be closed by another button on your device.
In the paid version you also see a slider to add max. 100% time or health. Use this slider before starting a level. For each level a different wormhead can be selected. But not when you re-level.
The game can be played only after agreeing with the conditions (EULA and privacy statement) that can be found on this website. After a game update the agreement may have to be renewed.
Children should find the help of a parent in reading the relevant information or making a purchase.
Operating systems: Android 5-9, Windows 7 with SP1+ and Direct X11, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10. For game accessibility it is advised to use a device with minimally resolution 720×1280 and screen diagonal 5 inch. In Google Play, the Android app is not available for devices below 2 GB RAM memory based on info from the manufacturer. See the Tips page for tackling problems.
Versions, for now
For Android (5-9):
- ‘Free’ version with in-app purchasing to make it a ‘paid’ version for indefinite time on one device. Available to everybody. Channel: Google Play store. A ‘Paid’ version has the following advantages: (1) option to re-enter the same level also after making your first move, (2) no “Game Over” if you fail, but just re-enter the last level played, (3) up to double time or health available to you in each level. The in-app purchasing option is presented in the Game Over situation of the free version.
- ‘Paid’ version with the advantages available indefinitely on one device: (1) option to re-enter the same level also after making your first move, (2) no “Game Over” if you fail, but just re-enter the last level played, (3) up to double time or health available to you in each level. Available for ‘paid’ price to everybody else. Channel: itch.io shop.
- See this page.
For Windows (7 with DirectX11 & SP1+, 8, 8.1, 10):
- ‘Free’ version, available to everybody. Channel: itch.io shop. Purchasing the paid version is mentioned in the Game Over situation of the free version.
- ‘Paid’ version with the advantages available indefinitely on one device: (1) option to re-enter the same level also after making your first move, (2) no “Game Over” if you fail, but just re-enter the last level played, (3) up to double time or health available to you in each level. Channel: itch.io shop.
- See this page.
For MacOS and IOS:
(In Google Play, updating can be set to automatic. In itch.io updating is also free). New ones first:
0.2.6 (20190515) Java backend software updated
0.2.5 (20190514) Changed wiggle effect, White worm has level dependent dots
0.2.4 (20190511) Free Windows version added
0.2.3 (20190505) Small improvements
0.2.2 (20190504) Bug fix (in re-leveling)
0.2.1 (20190503) Modifications in firework timer and biting glow
0.2.0 (20190502) Beta version promoted to production
0.1.0 (20190501) Beta test version